Adrian Howland - Associate, Proposals Coach
Adrian is a proposal consultant advising professional service sector organisations. His clients include accountants, lawyers, property agents and management consultants. Prior to that, Adrian led the proposals team at KPMG for 13 years. He advised the firm's senior management on opportunities ranging from a few £1,000s to many millions. He has seen many unusual and complex situations and devised innovative and unique solutions necessary to win.
Specific activities include
- Proposal strategy and tactics - winning the hearts and minds of clients on individual proposals
- Document preparation - advising on document construction and positioning
- Proposals skills workshops - for small and large groups
- Impact skills - making the right impression in the meetings that count
- Presentations - preparing and delivering the winning pitch
Why are so many of us more comfortable to send an email than to pick up the phone? And here, I’m not talking about delivering bad news to a client and nor am I talking about a cold sales call. Even calls to existing clients to simply get back on their radar frequently fall in our ‘uncomfortable zone’.
To help you make the most of the networking season, here are some top tips for getting in and getting out – to breaking in and escaping.
The Art of Good Communications
For practical tips around the benefits of good communications skills, Click here to read our latest featured article published in CFOworld.
The Apprentice - What can we learn?
Click here to read Jack's Accountancy Age article. See which useful skills we can take away from this popular TV programme.